Tuesday 2nd February 2021 | 9:30am – 12:30pm
This course will enable art and design leaders to explore ways to build an outstanding art and design curriculum. The course will also provide an in-depth overview of the knowledge, skills and key concepts that children need to become exceptional artists and designers. The course will also look at how to raise standards, progress and attainment in art and design.
The current curriculum focused inspections will look in detail at the effectiveness of subject and middle leaders with more depth and vigour than ever before.
The quality and effectiveness of subject and middle leaders will directly impact on a schools overall grade for leadership and management. In particular, inspectors will look at the ability of subject and middle leaders to improve the quality of education in their subject.
This course will help you to:
- Excel during an art and design deep dive
- Discover how to create a progressive, sequential art and design curriculum map covering the key concepts, knowledge and skills you need to cover in art and design
- Raise attainment in art and design across your school
- Talk effectively about your art and design vision, intent, implementation and impact
- Clearly articulate and evidence their curriculum content, sequencing and progression
- Discover a range of proven strategies that can engage children in art and design
- Understand the concept of ‘greater depth’ in art and design
- Understand Ofsted expectations for outstanding subject and middle leaders and provide outstanding examples of monitoring, self-evaluation, assessment, action planning and evidence required to excel during inspection
- Implement and sustain initiatives that increase progress, standards, achievement and attainment in art and design
- Understand what Ofsted will look for in an outstanding subject and middle leaders in the new curriculum focused inspections
- Be ready for questions Ofsted will ask and show you how best to present data and information about your subject
Delegates will receive:
- Electronic copy of training slides to use in school
- Outstanding examples of middle and subject action plans
- Inspection questions and possible answers
- Middle and subject leader audit documents
- 200+ practical resources to make middle leadership outstanding
I just wanted to say thank you so much for an excellent day’s training. It makes such a refreshing change to have a day filled with good advice and ideas, rather than a couple of good hours and lots of time-filling, which unfortunately has been my experience on some recent courses. The time really did fly!Headteacher, Newcastle
£195 ex VAT
- 02nd February 2021
- 9:30am - 12:30pm
18 Places Left - Book Now!