Outstanding MFL Subject Leadership – Leeds/Sheffield
This course will enable MFL leaders to explore ways to build an outstanding MFL curriculum. The course will also provide an in-depth overview of the knowledge, skills and key concepts that children need to become exceptional linguists.
The new Ofsted framework inspections starting in September 2019 will inspect the effectiveness of subject and middle leaders with more depth and vigour than ever before.
The quality and effectiveness of subject and middle leaders will directly impact on a schools overall grade for leadership and management. In particular, inspectors will look at the ability of subject and middle leaders to improve the quality of education in their subject.
This course will help you to:
- Excel during an MFL deep dive
- Discover how to create a progressive, sequential MFL curriculum map covering the key concepts, knowledge and skills you need to cover in MFL
- Raise attainment in MFL across your school
- Talk effectively about your MFL vision, intent, implementation and impact
- Clearly articulate and evidence their curriculum content, sequencing and progression
- Discover a range of proven strategies that can engage children in MFL
- Understand the concept of ‘Greater Depth’ in MFL.
- Understand Ofsted expectations for outstanding subject and middle leaders and provide outstanding examples of monitoring, self-evaluation, assessment, action planning and evidence required to excel during inspection
- Implement and sustain initiatives that increase progress, standards, achievement and attainment in MFL
- Understand what Ofsted will look for in an outstanding subject and middle leaders in the new framework inspections
- Be ready for questions Ofsted will ask and show you how best to present data and information about your subject
Delegates will receive:
- Electronic copy of training slides to use in school
- Outstanding examples of middle and subject action plans
- Inspection questions and possible answers
- Middle and subject leader audit documents
- 200+ practical resources to make middle leadership outstanding
- Deputy Headteacher
- Senior and Middle Leaders
- Subject Leaders
- Prospective Subject Leaders
Just a quick email to thank you for the training on Tuesday in Stafford. I rarely leave school – choosing instead to concentrate on matters here… but caught sight of your emailed flyer and its content caught my attention. I found your training very useful and thought provoking. You were right that although there was nothing magical in the formula, it certainly did enable me to focus on school – the function of teaching and what really matters when you strip away the daily drama of the job. Thanks indeed Helen!
- 9.30am - 3.00pm
- Park Royal Hotel, Warrington WA4 4NS
- 02nd March 2021
£225 ex VATIncludes lunch, refreshments & full set of course notes
24 Places Left - Book Now!