This course will enable music leaders to explore ways to build an outstanding music curriculum. The course will also provide an in-depth overview of the knowledge, skills and key concepts that children need to become exceptional musicians.
The current curriculum focused framework will look at the effectiveness of subject and middle leaders with more depth and vigour than ever before.
The quality and effectiveness of subject and middle leaders will directly impact on a schools overall grade for leadership and management. In particular, inspectors will look at the ability of subject and middle leaders to improve the quality of education in their subject.
This course will help you to:
- Excel during a music deep dive
- Discover how to create a progressive, sequential music curriculum map covering the key concepts, knowledge and skills you need to cover in music
- Raise attainment in music across your school
- Talk effectively about your music vision, intent, implementation and impact
- Clearly articulate and evidence their curriculum content, sequencing and progression
- Discover a range of proven strategies that can engage children in music
- Understand the concept of ‘greater depth’ in music.
- Understand Ofsted expectations for outstanding subject and middle leaders and provide outstanding examples of monitoring, self-evaluation, assessment, action planning and evidence required to excel during inspection
- Implement and sustain initiatives that increase progress, standards, achievement and attainment in music
- Understand what Ofsted will look for in an outstanding subject and middle leaders
- Be ready for questions Ofsted will ask and show you how best to present data and information about your subject
Delegates will receive:
- Electronic copy of training slides to use in school
- Outstanding examples of middle and subject action plans
- Inspection questions and possible answers
- Middle and subject leader audit documents
- 200+ practical resources to make middle leadership outstanding
- Deputy Headteacher
- Senior and Middle Leaders
- Subject Leaders
- Prospective Subject Leaders
I just wanted to say thank you so much for an excellent day’s training. It makes such a refreshing change to have a day filled with good advice and ideas, rather than a couple of good hours and lots of time-filling, which unfortunately has been my experience on some recent courses. The time really did fly!Headteacher, Newcastle
£195 ex VAT
- 9:30am - 12:30pm