Friday 27th January 2021 | 9:30am – 12:30pm
This live feed course will provide you with all of the knowledge, skills and practical resources needed to develop a rigorous approach to reading and phonics, which develops learners’ confidence and enjoyment and raises attainment across your school.
The course will also help you to be fully prepared for the inspection of reading under the new Ofsted framework. It will provide you with an in-depth look at the inspection process for reading and phonics and in addition you will receive a range of practical resources and answers to inspectors questions.
This course will help you to:
- Learn how the very best schools teach reading rigorously and raise attainment
- Find out how to create an outstanding reading culture which develops learners’ confidence and enjoyment
- Be ready for Ofsted’s new spotlight on reading aloud with understanding and expression, students’ ability to discuss their own reading, reading for pleasure and inference and information retrieval
- Find out what a rigorous approach to reading looks like in practice
- Discover how Ofsted will gather evidence and make a judgement in relation to reading
- Find out how to build more opportunities in your teaching to develop reading comprehension skills
- Discover a range of proven strategies that can support children in becoming quick and confident readers, able to tackle a whole range of questions around a text.
- Practise and discuss ways to enhance the teaching of inference and deduction
- Increase your understanding of the reading comprehension and word reading expectations of the National Curriculum and how these translate into everyday practice – simply and effectively
- Develop a proven approach to help children excel at reading comprehension across all text types and genres
- Learn a range of practical strategies for teaching fluency and stamina
Delegates will receive:
- Electronic copy of the training slides to use in school
- 200+ reading resources
Wow – amazing bundle of resources – thanks for sharing these! I really enjoyed the course and took lots away. Often I attend training and leave feeling uninspired, but it is fair to say I found yours very motivating and left with lots of action points.Deputy Head, London
£195 ex VAT
- 27th January 2021
- 9:30am - 12:30pm
19 Places Left - Book Now!