This course will enable science leaders to explore ways to build an outstanding science curriculum. The course will also provide an in-depth overview of the knowledge, skills and key concepts that children need to become exceptional scientists.
The current curriculum focused inspections will look at the effectiveness of subject and middle leaders with more depth and vigour than ever before.
The quality and effectiveness of subject and middle leaders will directly impact on a schools overall grade for leadership and management. In particular, inspectors will look at the ability of subject and middle leaders to improve the quality of education in their subject.
This course will help you to:
- Excel during a science deep dive
- Discover how to create a progressive, sequential science curriculum map covering the key concepts, knowledge and skills you need to cover in science
- Raise attainment in science across your school
- Talk effectively about your science vision, intent, implementation and impact
- Clearly articulate and evidence their curriculum content, sequencing and progression
- Discover a range of proven strategies that can engage children in science
- Understand the concept of ‘greater depth’ in science.
- Understand Ofsted expectations for outstanding subject and middle leaders and provide outstanding examples of monitoring, self-evaluation, assessment, action planning and evidence required to excel during inspection
- Implement and sustain initiatives that increase progress, standards, achievement and attainment in science
- Understand what Ofsted will look for in an outstanding subject and middle leaders
- Be ready for questions Ofsted will ask and show you how best to present data and information about your subject
Delegates will receive the following resources:
- Electronic copy of training slides to use in school
- Outstanding examples of middle and subject action plans
- Inspection questions and possible answers
- Middle and subject leader audit documents
- 200+ practical resources to make middle leadership outstanding
I just wanted to say a HUGE ‘thank you’ for the inspirational course I attended yesterday – it did reinstall my faith as a Headteacher.Headteacher, Derby
£195 ex VAT
- 19th January 2021
- 9:30am - 12:30pm
20 Places Left - Book Now!